47. Soul Connection – Soul Sound – Throat Chakra – Sri Yantra Aum
Sound is the spoken language of our soul, created by the vibrations in our throat chakra. Each chakra resonates to a sound or vibration through specific musical notes that are vocalized as mantras (prayers). The seven classical notes of the Heptatonic scale mirror the Bija Mantra. When you vocalize a sound such as a mantra, you can awaken the energy within that chakra. The Sri Yantra, as seen above, is the visual form of the mantra Aum. Aum is the essence of creation within Hindu and Buddhist philosophy. This symbol represents the merging of Shiva (male) and Shakti (female) energies to achieve spiritual union within and awaken one’s creative life force energy.
Message: Create sound through chanting, drumming, singing or speaking. Tools such as singing bowls or tuning forks may also be helpful. Take time to listen to the sounds in your life and feel if they help you open your soul. Study the science and art of cymatics or join a drumming circle. Tone a sound that resonates within you. Cultures around the world use sound to transform consciousness. Sound is vibration and we are vibrational beings. Find your voice and use it for good.
“Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.” – Plato
- Root: Musical Note C – Mantra: LAM
- Sacral: Musical Note D – Mantra: VAM
- Solar Plexus: Musical Note E – Mantra: RAM
- Heart: Musical Note F – Mantra: YAM
- Throat: Musical Note G – Mantra: HAM
- Third Eye: Musical Note A – Mantra: SHAM
- Crown: Musical Note B – Mantra: AUM
- Soul: Harmonic Chord All Notes – Mantra: AUM